Saturday, October 2, 2010

painting nails is the best procrastination tactic..

New nail polish makes me very happy. I was lucky enough to pick up this one from the Mac Store today -- it was the last one they had! Haha.. you don't know how happy that made me. Anyways, this is Bad Fairy from the Maleficent section of the new Venomous Villians Collection that came out on Thursday. They had 2 other ones as well: Formidable! (reddish violet with blue shimmers) and Mean & Green (green-purple-brownish.. many diff colors in this one). I was so tempted to get all 3 of these polishes, but Bad Fairy was definitely the prettiest on me. I usually don't even like glitter nail polish but this one is so pretty -- it changes color from orange to fuschia, depending on how the light hits your nail!! How cool is that! Also, it has a smooth feeling on your nail after it dries, no rough chunky feeling like some other glitter nail polishes are like. I LOVE IT.

--
I haven't had sushi or any type of japanese food in quite a while, so I took the opportunity to go to Yokohama Sushi with one of my oldest friends who was back home this week. We used to go there a lot because we know the family that owns it, and just haven't been able to go back there together for a long time. I can't even remember the last time we went. Anyways, I am so glad we went -- we had an amazing meal and one of the sushi chefs was super cute! ;)

Beef Tataki.
We always have to get this when we go.. it is too delicious to pass up

Spider Roll, Volcano Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll.
These were off their half-price menu.

Grilled Hamachi Kama. (collarbone of yellowtail)
*drool* Apparently, Yellowtail is in season right now so this was one of their specials! SO GOOD.

And, lastly, this was a cool photo I snapped the other day outside on the porch of my friend's condo building. You could literally see the rain slowly making its way towards us. Can't wait for hurricane season to be over...

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment