Tuesday, October 12, 2010

hell week(s) is finally over..

Here are some things I've been up to lately!

It's autumn, and I've been craving for some butternut squash risotto, so here it is! I used Ina Garten's recipe (I really love the saffron flavor in this) but cut the butternut squash a little smaller so it would take less time to roast (it took about 20 minutes), and I used less butter (replaced with olive oil). I ate 2 bowls of this when I finished and packed the rest for lunches to bring for the rest of the week to school. It'll be hard to wait until lunch time until I eat it.. I have a tendency to just eat my lunch when I get to school at 9:30 am.. and then have nothing for lunch.


Another thing I tried was making egg salad with soft mashed up avocado instead of mayonnaise. I guess you could say this is the healthier option, but I really think it is much more flavorful. I love avocados, and when they are really getting too soft to use for other purposes, this is great. I just added dijon mustard, salt and pepper, and served it on some italian sandwich bread. Delicious!


Made another video of the steps for making the risotto and egg salad, enjoy:


I got a new nail polish! I've been looking for a mauve/gray shade and stumbled across this one at Target. It was only $4.99 and I love it :) I applied it without any base or top coat because I was lazy today...


I lost old Nalgene bottle because I left it in one of my classrooms and by the time I realized it, someone had either taken it or thrown it away. So, it was a nice excuse to get this one! I had just gotten word of this new On the Fly bottle that Nalgene had made and was intrigued so I had to get it. Especially because it came in this pretty lime green color. So far, I am loving using this. It has an easy to drink from spout and is slim enough to fit in my car cup holder slot, not that it really needs to go in there, since this bottle doesn't leak at all. It has this button that you press to open it and there is also a metal latch for extra security if you need it. Also it really makes me want to drink more water when I'm drinking it out of this!

see that ball up in the top? It's made from some special spongy material that creates the leak-proof barrier when you close the lid. pretty cool, huh?


The button is so cute!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment