Friday, October 8, 2010

Easiest Potato Leek Soup Recipe and My Lipstick Army

First of all: I finally cooked the other day, surprise surprise!
I made a French classic,
This recipe was simple:
1) Chop potatoes into small pieces
2) Double wash Leeks, make sure you get all the mud off!
3) I sautéed my potato and leeks in olive oil and butter before putting in water to cover
4) Add salt and pepper to taste
5) Optional: mash up the potatoes for a creamier texture

No need for chicken stock or cream, just delicious on its own.



Secondly: I've been really into lipsticks, part of the process of growing up.
Here's a picture of my small(ish) army:



(L to R): Revlon Soft Nude, MAC Nude Rose, MAC Dressmaker^2, MAC Jazzed, MAC Vivaglam GAGA, MAC Victorian, MAC Utterly Frivolous, Revlon Strawberry Suede
(L to R): MAC Vivaglam GAGA, MAC Victorian, MAC Utterly Frivolous, Revlon Strawberry Suede, MAC Heartless (as previously featured), MAC Petals & Peacocks, and MAC Blooming Lovely


SO many MAC lipsticks as you can see, I'm hoping to broaden my brands but it's just so easy to buy a MAC lipstick and say, if I use up 6 MAC products I can get one back for free! Also, the names are pretty cool and I buy products just for the names and packaging.


Here are my top 5:
These are the ones I'd save if my apartment was on fire, along with my Urban Decay Naked Palette. If you have these 5, you don't need anything else in the whole wide world...
(this is so not true)

(L to R): Nude Rose, Utterly Frivolous, Strawberry Suede, Heartless, Petals & Peacocks
(T to B): MAC Utterly Frivolous, MAC Nude Rose, MAC Heartless, Revlon Strawberry Suede, & MAC Petals & Peacocks

5. Petals & Peacocks: very pretty cool-toned fuchsia color, I actually love wearing this blotted down and sort of like a stain on my lips. I bought this lipstick off of ebay way after the limited edition collection was over. I obsessed over this lipstick for 2 months straight and felt like a lucky duck when I finally bought it.

4. Strawberry Suede: the exact color of strawberries, it's a corally red, but more coral than red. I wore this a lot in the summer and will continue to do so in the fall. If I want a bright lipstick, I pull this one out, it makes me look tanned and healthy.

3. Heartless: my newest obsession. It's a classic red that makes me feel confident and self-conscious at the same time...but mostly confident. I like wearing this when I have an exam.

2. Nude Rose: this lipstick doesn't get much wear because I'm deathly afraid of breaking it even more. Since it is discontinued, I probably won't use it until I can get my hands on another one. It is my nude of choice and looks quite natural. I think this one has a cult following, so MAC you better repromote this.

1. Utterly Frivolous: Surprising that my top 2 lipsticks are discontinued and I found them for $10 at the CCO. This is such a wearable pinky coral. It's not quite bold and just adds that touch of color to your lips that makes them look utterly delectable!

Have a great weekend! I'll be back with more food!

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment