Saturday, October 9, 2010

BigTex and A World Famous Corn Dog

That's right everyone, I braved the crowds tonight to go to the state fair and experience Fletcher's Corny Dogs, who claims that they were one of the first who invented the corn dog, selling it at the Texas State Fair of 1942.

I am all about tradition, especially when it comes to fried items...

Here's BigTex giving everyone a warm welcome wearing this Dickies outfit.
Sorry about the bad pics, it was at night and I only carried my phone.
Here it is! So much deliciousness! The cornmeal batter is very sweet and cornbread like. It was by far the best corn dog I've had in my entire life. The dog itself wasn't anything special, it was all about the batter.


Then of course, in fair tradition, I had to get a funnel cake. Powdered sugar everywhere!
I capped the night off with some late-night froyo and now I need to hit the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment