Long time no post. I am deeply sorry! Had a very busy few months. I must admit this has been one of the best holiday seasons I have experienced in awhile. :)
Now it's New Year's Eve and once again we are asked to reevaluate
our past year: the changes we went through, the mistakes we've made and will never make again, the makeup and food we've enjoyed consuming, hehe.
Usually I don't ever make New Year's Resolutions, simply because I've always thought they were unrealistic and set up for failure. But 2011 is the start of a new decade, which is major, so I will conform to such unrealistic traditions.
My resolution this year is to take care of my skin, whether it'd be reducing the blemishes and dark spots on my face, exfoliating my feet, or keeping my hands from cracking.
2011 is about less is more and in order to wear less makeup, we must start at the foundation, our skin. I am determined to not spend a fortune on skincare and actually have it work.
For the past month I have narrowed down my skincare routine and will continue to try new products to add to my routine. Here's what I've been using lately:
1. Olay Pro-X Advance Cleansing System: about 8 times cheaper than the Clarisonic, it massages your face pretty well, which will open up pores and circulation. It also came with a cleanser but I don't really like it or use it with my brush.
2. Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser by Philosophy: my blogger-in-crime introduced me to this. I received a tiny sample of this stuff with my last sephora purchase and basically fell in love. I think it's mainly the gentleness and the sage/ginger smell. yummy.
Oh yeah, it works pretty well too ;)
3. Ocean Salt Cleanser from Lush: I only got a sample of this last week when I was purchasing some bath bombs. This is the best scrub I've tried! I am in love. At first it might be a little harsh on your skin, but you get used to it. Plus it smells like a margarita.
4. Alba Sea Plus Renewal Cream: I bought this on a whim at Target. I liked it because it is pH balanced, which is extremely important to prevent breakouts. So far, so good. It is a pretty thick cream which makes it perfect for winter time, I use it along with my Proactiv Repair Treatment at night.
5. L'Occitane Vanilla Flower Hand Cream: This stuff is expensive! But it works so well and smells delicious. My hands have not cracked/bled since getting this. I got it in a travel size and will definitely repurchase when I have enough money saved for a $26 hand cream.
Just because I am focusing on skincare doesn't mean I won't buy any cosmetics, just less. I went to the CCO hoping to buy some Origins skincare but didn't find anything I was looking for. Good thing there's always past MAC collections there. I bought Prim and Proper blush from the Liberty of London collection, Below Ground Greasepaint Stick and Blood Red lipstick from the DSquared collection.
My favorite purchase today was this Kate Spade wristlet that I got for $17!!! Isn't it cute? I love to carry wristlets when I go shopping. Speaking of shopping...who's coming with me to the Dillard's 50% off Permanently Reduced Items on New Year's (tomorrow?). I'm looking for some new boots.
I also painted my nails sparkly pink glitter in order to festive. I'm looking it but it'll be a pain to take off. Oh well, totally worth it.
Currently, I have just finished a relaxing bath and is getting ready for the New Year's countdown.
Happy New Year Everyone! Thanks for reading. Hopefully next year will be filled with new and interesting posts about food and makeup.