Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween nails & new makeup!

Trick or treat?

Last night, I painted my nails to get in the spirit of Halloween.. I did a spider web design on my thumbs and a jack-o-lantern face on my big toes. The faces took the longest to do (and you can tell which one I did first.. haha), but I am satisfied with the results. It looks better from farther away than it does really up close.






Now, onto the haul..

The new A Tartan Tale holiday Mac collection just came out today. I got a couple of things from it.. the majority of which are their Viva Glam products, of which 100% of the proceeds go to the M∙A∙C AIDS Fund. It's good to give back! :)


I got the 'Tis Noble to Give Viva Glam Bag, which included the Viva Glam V lipstick with accompanying lipgloss and one of their tartan themed bags. I also got the Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Undercurrent, a nice sparkly teal. These eyeliners dry quickly and do not budge!


This is the bag that came in the Viva Glam Set.


These are the M∙A∙C Kids Helping Kids cards, which are illustrated by children for children affected by HIV/AIDS. They are completely blank inside, so they can be used for any purpose, not just for the winter holidays. The interesting thing about them is that Mac sent these kids their makeup, and that is what they used as medium for their illustrations.


Here are swatches: (top) Undercurrent eyeliner, (middle) Viva Glam V lipstick, (left) Viva Glam V lipglass. The bottom is a comparison to L'Oreal Colour Riche Fairest Nude lipstick, dupe anyone? (the L'Oreal is a bit more brown and not shimmery)


Sephora had their friends and family sale this week...


I took the opportunity to stock up on my face wash, and now I probably will have enough to last me at least 4 more years. Haha, yes, I got the 32 oz. Philosophy Purity Made Simple one-step facial cleanser. I really love this stuff, it takes off all makeup, so I don't even need to use makeup remover. You only use a very small amount each time, which is why this bottle will probably last me forever! I also go their Supernatural mascara. It doesn't smudge at all, and is very light and natural looking - I like it so far!


This is the smallest mascara wand I have ever seen. I like it because I have small eyelashes so this is easier to use for me.


On the box, it says to "remove by massaging a little purity made simple and water onto lashes" and "small 'shells' of mascara will release from your lashes." This is what I found when I took the mascara off.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment