Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pumpkin Treat in the Summer

Last-minute, I decided to make pumpkin whoopie pies since my friend invited me to go have wine at the beach at night, and I had a can of pumpkin puree leftover from Thanksgiving sitting in my pantry. I love pumpkin so I could really eat it anytime of the year and this was no exception. These didn't really go too well with red wine, but there were no complaints from anyone since these are pretty addicting! I got the recipe that was for Libbys mini pumpkin whoopie pies, but I did make some minor changes to it. I added more cinnamon and pumpkin than the recipe calls for, and also used marscapone cheese (©©©) instead of cream cheese (therefore using less butter) and granulated sugar, since I didn't have any powdered sugar in the filling. Oh, also my whoopie pies were not "mini" ones, they were pretty much regular sized. The verdict?


So, yea, they did not turn out that perfect looking, but they did taste really good. I thought that they would rise in the oven but, instead, the cookies pretty much retained the same shape as I had scooped them onto the baking sheet (whoops!). Next time, I will have to use one of those mini ice cream scoopers for a more attractive cookie. I also was rushing while putting the filling on, so I didn't really have enough time to whip it to the consistency that I would have liked to have. Piping the filling on the cookies would have also been more attractive than piling it on with a spoon. NONEtheless! These whoopie pies turned out to be delicious, and I have to say pretty successful for the first time baking these. I will definitely make them again - simple to make, addicting to eat.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment