Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gotta catch 'em all!

Current lip balm obsession from EOS!

(These really remind me of those Pokémon balls.)

These super-cute, conversation-starter lip balm spheres are made from all organic and natural ingredients, smell great and don't weigh you down. When you put it on, it feels almost like you don't have anything on your lips. There are currently only 4 unique flavors being sold, and I have seen them packaged in 1- or 3-packs. Honeysuckle has a sweet melon and floral scent. Summer Fruit is very tropical, and apparently has blueberry, strawberry and peach fruit extracts in it but it's hard to distinguish them from the overall fruity scent. Sweet Mint reminds me of the peppermint Burt's bees lip balm but milder in comparison and not as tingly-feeling. It also has some tiny brown flecks in it, while all the others are uniformly one color and texture. Finally, Lemon Drop smells like lemon bars and it is different from the others in that it contains SPF 15. I'm guessing for that reason, it's the only one that has an expiration date sticker on the bottom of it.


From left to right: honeysuckle, summer fruit, sweet mint, lemon drop

Each lip balm goes on colorless and work really well to wear underneath lipstick. They have really helped moisturize my dry lips and keep them smooth. My lips used to peel very often -- not anymore! I've only used the sweet mint one so far, so I'm assuming the other 3 feel the same. I highly recommend anyone to stop by their local Walgreen's and pick one up to try (although they are usually placed in the most unexpected places so they are bit difficult to find sometimes)! I also picked up one of their shave creams, but haven't used it yet. Based on how much I like these lip balms, I bet I will love their shaving cream just as much.

Aren't they so cute?! Yes, they are a little bulky to carry around,
but they're really easy to find in your purse.
You can see how much of the sweet mint I've used up already, compared to the other perfectly round spheres that have not been used yet.
It will be interesting to see what happens once I use half of the sphere up.


Can't wait to see if/when EOS will add more flavors to their collection!

-J

1 comment: