Monday, July 26, 2010

Real Japanese Food in South Florida!

I was really happy when one of my friends brought me to Hiro's Yakko-San for dinner last night. I haven't had some really good authentic Japanese food in a very long time, and this was exactly what I was looking for. Served izakaya style, these small dishes are meant to be shared - similar to having spanish tapas. The food was delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed eating at a Japanese restuarant where sushi is not the main concentration of the menu.

Here's the damage that we did for a 2-person meal:

Mixed single pickled vegetables

Dried Kawahagi - trigger fish jerky

Mixed seaweed salad (served with miso and ponzu dressings)

Takoyaki - with grilled octopus inside

Hamachi Kama - grilled yellowtail collar (SO GOOD)

Shoyu Ramen

The hamachi kama was by far my favorite and the ramen was disappointing. I cannot wait to come back and try other things on the menu!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment