Friday, February 4, 2011

January Favorites

I can't believe it's February already! Wow, I felt like January went by so fast.
Since I am stuck inside because of a snow storm, I've decided to share with everyone my favorites for the month of January.
Make-upwise, January, has been a great month of new discoveries.



Favorites:
Urban Decay Naked Palette: This is worth all the hype, I can seriously use this palette everyday and not use anything else. I love UD eyeshadows the best, it's even better than NARS and all of kinds of high end eyeshadows. Once you go UD, you can't go back!

Ojon Hydrating Styling Gel: Got this deluxe sample from Sephora and boy did I need it. My hair has gotten dry and frizzy from the winter weather. And a weird thing about my hair is that I have to wash it everyday, if I don't, it'll get oily and I'll feel nasty. So I have to give it a lot of conditioning because I wash it everyday. I also love the smell, it smells like nuts!

Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter: At first I thought this was overrated and I didn't see any results. But now that I've used it for 2 weeks, my hands as so much softer! A tip: make sure to scrub away the dead skin because putting on this thick cream, it'll work a lot better. I put this on every night before I go to sleep and everytime I wash my hands (which is a lot!). This has kept my knuckles from bleeding (yep, they bleed).

MAC Prim & Proper Blush (similar one): This is was a limited edition blush but MAC has a lot of similar colors in their permanent line. It's a neutral blush with a bit of pink, gives me sculpted cheeks without looking too harsh. This is the blush I put on every day this month and I know I'll continue to use it until it is officially summer! (Summer is for corals!)

NARS Rajasthan Eyeshadow Duo: This came out for fall 2010 collection and immediately feel in love as the Nordstrom's SA swatched it on my hand. I love love love the golden taupe. And guess what? It looks fantastic with the darken teal...NARS is genius. I've actually seen a few at my Nordstrom's recently, so those wanting to get it, grab it ASAP.

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer: This is the best $6 I've spent this month. Because my goal this year was to wear less foundation, I needed a great concealer. This covers all the blemishes and redness that I have.

Clinique Gel Liner in Black: This was a new purchase. I've always used pencil and liquid liners but I decided to try out a gel. It works so unbelievably well! So smooth and so dark. Still trying to find the right brush to use this with but so far so good.

Strawberry Carmex with spf15: Carmex is essential for winter in order to avoid coldsores (eww). I have yet to get one this winter (knock on wood...). I especially love this one because it smells like strawberry, leaves a glossy finish, and has spf! Magic.

Fresh Supernova Mascara: I bought this for $10 for two at Sephora. This is love! Makes my lashes look so flirty and long. I must buy the full size when I'm done. But oy, it's expensive!

MAC Kissable Lipcolor in Scandalicious: I don't wear lipstick most of the time but I am in love with this liquid lipstick. I got the color because it reminded me of a limited edition NARS lipgloss in Strawberry Fields. It's moisturizing but not sticky and a perfect shade for winter.


Hope Everyone's staying warm and cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment