Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mmmm.. LUSH..

I never really got the hype about Lush products before now. Yea, I knew that their all-natural products smelled really good, some like food, and that they came in interesting shapes/sizes, but I only really knew of their soaps, which didn't interest me too much. I am a shower gel/body wash and liquid face wash type of gal. Also, the store is not at all convenient to get to from where I live, so I only owned some products through gifts that I had received (from which I discovered that I love their massage bars). Who knew that there were so many other things! Like BATH BOMBS. Now, I have never been too keen on taking baths because I live in Florida and I enjoy my 5-10 minutes showers. Baths are for people who have way more time on their hands, I thought. In my search for a birthday present for a friend of mine who is a frequent bath-taker, I started learning about these Bath Bombs and am now intrigued by them.

Here are the bath products I purchased, most of these were part of a birthday present:
From left to right: Lil Lush Pud (from the Holiday limited edition products), So White (also Holiday), Avobath, Sex Bomb, and the Magic Mushroom bubble bar. The first two are ones that I bought for myself.

Review: So I got these both on sale for 50% off after the holidays. These are both limited edition mini bath bombs.
Lil Lush Pud- Has lemon and aloe vera, haven't actually used this one yet. Since this is a mini bomb, I plan to use it as a foot soak.
So White- Apple scented bubbling bomb. It really has that "green apple" smell. It took about 10 minutes to fully dissolve. Feels like a moisturizing blanket on your skin, really. Very relaxing as well.
Sex Bomb- My friend that I sent this to told me that this was her favorite out of the ones I got her. Her bath turned a lovely pink color and interestingly, the flower stayed floating on the water the whole time until dissolving at the very end - how cute is that! She said that with these bath bombs, her bath times have doubled to last 1 hour long now. I think she is totally addicted.

I really love face masks, so I wanted to try one of theirs. This mask, called Love Lettuce, was recommended to me by the lady who was helping me pick things out at the store. She said it was for oily skin, which I have. These are made with all natural and perishable ingredients so you have to keep it in the refrigerator.
Review: Love Lettuce is supposed to moisturize and exfoliate, as you can see the tiny bumps (which are ground almonds) in the mask. It smells like lavendar. This is a pretty thick mask, so try to spread it as evenly around your face as you can. It tingles a little on, especially near the end of the 10 minutes when it dries and hardens. Washing this mask off takes a bit of effort - I probably should do it before taking a shower next time, because some of the ground almonds got in my hairline and it was pretty hard getting perfectly clean. This mask is definitely very moisturizing the exfoliation is pretty gentle on the skin; I had some areas of dry flaky skin on my face before using the mask and most of it got eliminated. I definitely noticed a more even skin tone after I used this.

-----

Quite recently, I discovered that Beard Papa's had finally made its way to Miami! I came upon this finding on a trip to Aventura Mall earlier this month. I don't go over there too often (it is a great mall, though) so I don't know how long this Beard Papa's has been open.. but it's there now and I am forever grateful. This is a really small stand-type establishment, so it doesn't carry everything you would normally find in a Beard Papa's shop, but they do sell the standard cream puff and cookie puff, as well as coffees and teas. For instance, they only have the vanilla, chocolate and green tea fillings here. No strawberries & cream!! Sadness, indeed.. but after having tried all of the four aforementioned fillings, I still prefer the vanilla filling in the regular cream puff. And now.. here is a little collage I put together of the process of my scarfing down 2 cream puffs (green tea & vanilla) today in less than 10 minutes. These delicious puffs are getting addicting... I can't get enough!
Yum. Yum. YUM!!!!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment