Friday, August 13, 2010

Who said Friday the 13th was unlucky?

Ah, it's so nice to see that at the bottom of your receipt...

Today was the first day of the tax-free weekend (Aug 13-15) in South Florida! Now, it's only applicable to clothing/shoes/handbags under $50 and school supplies under $10, unfortunately not for beauty supplies, but it's still reason enough to go shopping. I headed out this afternoon to fight the crowds of elementary school kiddies and their parents to see if I could find some good stuff! Pretty much everything I got was on sale or I had a coupon for so I got a lot of discounts and ended up saving a total of $46.21 from the 3 stores that I went to. (The prices I list will be how much I paid for this stuff.) Tomorrow, we'll see if I have enough energy to muster up the courage to brave the people at the mall. I want to get some more clothes (haha)!

Here's my haul!

FROM TARGET:

dress $3.75, boxer shorts $5, sports bra $14.99

I love this Venus Embrace Razor $4.39 (cartridges $12.49) - seriously, the smoothest shave you'll ever get and your skin feels great after. I had a coupon to get a free Olay body lotion with the razor and I ran out of mascara so I decided to pick these up these two to try out. Covergirl lashblast waterproof - $2.07, L'Oreal voluminous - $3.88 (got both in Black Brown)

These 1-subject Five Star notebooks are only $1 each!

~*~*~

On to PAYLESS:

Shoes - $29.99, flip flops - $3 (original prices)
After BOGO + 20% off coupon, I paid $25.19 total for these 2 items.

Shoes on my feet, haha. These are soooo comfortable and fit my feet perfectly. It's rare that I'm able to find shoes that fit my size 5 feet so I had to get them. Now.. I only need to find somewhere I can wear these babies.

I also went to Walgreens but I just needed some more contact solution. There's a lot of L'oreal stuff on sale there right now actually. $5 lipsticks, anyone?


UPDATE: Went to the mall today 8/14. Got these at Forever 21 - jeggings $15.80, tank/dress $9.80 (but mine is navy blue + silver striped), and an thin orange long sleeved shirt ($8.80)

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment