Thursday, August 12, 2010

Calling all avocado lovers!

I saw this blog post on avocado fries and I just had to see for myself what they tasted like. Modifications to the recipe that I made were using cornstarch instead of flour since I didn't have any and no parmesan cheese. Instead I dipped them in some ponzu sauce and ate it with a salad. These fries were very filling and had a wonderfully crispy exterior with a soft and creamy inside. I thought warm avocados would be weird to eat but the heat really intensified the avocado flavor. I used one avocado, which made about 12 fries and shared it with my dad. Definitely plan to share these with someone -- it would be very impressive for someone to eat a whole avocado this way.

After breading

After frying (I used about a half inch of vegetable oil)

I ate it with some salad, just some romaine and red cabbage with balsamic drizzled over it.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment