Saturday, February 4, 2012

homemade larabars

 Sorry it's been a while.. school has gotten in the way as it usually does. But! I bring you a new food creation that is super delicious and perfect for taking to school as a snack to eat during lecture :) I've always been a fan of those yummy Larabars but they are just so expensive, I don't buy them too often. Last night I stumbled across this recipe for homemade larabars and, coincidentally, I had a container of dates in the fridge. Of course I had to make these. And I am so glad that I did. Since these have chocolate & peanut butter in them, they really taste like Snickers! Some changes in my bars: I made a very small batch since I only had 1 cup of dates and 1 bar of chocolate in the house. The chocolate I used was milk chocolate + hazelnuts. The almonds I used were also salted. Anyways, I am looking forward to bringing these to class :)
In college, I was addicted to these Izze juices and had tried every flavor there was. I haven't had one in a while and discovered this new Peach flavor while perusing the aisles of Whole Foods. I have to say, it is pretty darn good.. but grapefruit is still my favorite!

 And now.. here are some nail art designs I've done lately:
Gradient nails: 37 Blue it from Sally Hansen, Slushied from Sephora by OPI, For Audrey from China Glaze, Turquoise&Caicos from Essie, Re-freshmint from China Glaze
I topped it with some sparkle :) Sparkle Me Silver from Sephora by OPI Jewelry Top Coats

Couldn't decide between these 2 colors so why not have both! Chinchilly & Lilacism both by Essie
Tribal Nail Art, inspired by Beautylish.. I definitely made my dots too big I think

 Last but not least, my V-Day gift to myself :) 
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment