Friday, April 27, 2012

gearing up for summer

If you ever need a break from getting your caffeine from coffee, this yerba mate is a great alternative! I'm a fan of their drinks in the cans--and recently they came out with these sparkling mate's. Love it.
(Guayaki can only be found in Whole Foods grocery stores so be sure to check it out next time you're there.)
 Just sipping on this new sparkling mate by Guayaki, taking a break from studying to show you some new stuff I got! It has been a steady 80-90 degrees over here in South Florida for the past 2 months.. so it's not really like summer hasn't already arrived, but in the stores, this is the time when everybody is getting ready for summer :) Which means.. it's time for some new sandals. Shoes have been a weakness of mine lately...
I love the neon accent of these T-strap sandals from Target, and yes, these are from the children's section in a size 3. In comparing sandals I've gotten from both Forever21 and Target, I have to say Target sandals are MUCH MORE sturdy. I definitely look in Target now whenever I am in need of some new cheap sandals.

These lovelies are from DSW and are actually from Fergie's shoe collection/brand lol. I was looking for something more neutral and I really have become a fan of having some sort of accent on your shoe, like a flower or a bow. I found these in a size 5 1/2 so they probably are one of the best fitting shoes I have now, meaning they are the most comfortable too!

When in Miami... :D I haven't tried it yet, definitely saving it for after finals is over. But doesn't it sound like the perfect drink for the summertime? And the bottle is just beautiful as well.

some new candles I've been enjoying-- Bahama Fizz reminds me of a spicy pina colada, Sunrise Lagoon reminds me of the beach and Drenched Apple Flower.. I'm just partial to anything apple scented :)

These are all the old nail polishes I found from when I moved--I saved them to participate in the Zoya Polish exchange that happens every year on Earth day. I know I've broken my nail polish ban.. so after these new ones get in, the ban will begin once again :) next post will be about new nail polish for sure! SO excited!!

Finally, this tea is a miracle worker. I've had some trouble falling asleep at the new house just from adjusting (I'm still not fully unpacked..) and stress from life (we are all familiar with that), so when I spotted this I had to give it a try. On the label it says that this tea contains Valerian and Organic Chamomile to help calm nervousness & restlessness, St Johns Wort to make positive improvements on mood, Passionflower to reduce anxiety in order to support sleep, and finally for taste it has cardomom, licorice and cinnamon. So it tastes alright, definitely a unique flavor; I like that it is made of all natural ingredients. My eyelids start feeling heavy after I drink like half of a cup of this tea.
--J

1 comment:

  1. holy crap. find me cute sandals!!! and i def wanna do my nails when i get home..

    ReplyDelete