Thursday, September 23, 2010

it feels like it's been forever..

Time goes so slowly during school.. It's the 4th week of school, yet I feel like it's been months already. This week, tuna was on sale at the grocery store so I made tuna salad for sandwiches for lunch. My mayonnaise went bad so I didn't actually add any in here and it surprisingly still stuck together pretty well. So I guess this is your 'healthier' version for tuna salad sandwiches. Makes me wonder what everyone else likes putting in their tuna salad.


Tuna salad = 2 cans tuna (in water) drained + dijon mustard + celery + red onion + jalapeƱo + ground pepper

I got some nice sourdough french bread (which was also on sale) for the sandwiches and added sliced avocado and lettuce. Very satisfying lunch, I have to say. I also packed varying combinations (I like to change it up day to day) of grapes/babybel mini cheese/synder's honey mustard pretzel nibs along with the sandwich.

This week I also took full advantage of the $2 treat receipt deal (buy a drink in the morning, come back after 2 pm and get any iced grande drink for $2) at Starbuck's - I think it's ending in a week or so since it's not summer anymore.. but today I tried an iced grande pumpkin spiced latte. It is a must to get whipped cream on this drink and it probably tastes better hot, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thursdays are my least favorite days of the week because I don't get a break for lunch at school, plus it was raining so hard from morning until now.. so I really needed a pick-me-up. Yay for delicious iced drinks!
--
And here's a photo of my mom's orchids - so many of them are blooming right now! It really makes me smile being able to see flowers every day.

These just started opening - it's actually this really light green color on the outer petals but it showed up white on my camera for some reason.
All of our orchids :)

One of my mom's friends lives nearby and they brought us some papayas that they had grown themselves! I used to hate papayas but now I LOVE papayas. These were so delicious and cute! I just cut them in half, scooped out the seeds and went at it with a spoon. BEST way to eat papaya!
How beautiful is this papaya!
so cute :) tee-hee. a great reminder of how great (and yummy) things come in small packages! (You can see a larger papaya in the background that we got from the grocery store.)

Hope your Thursday went better than mine - the weekend is almost here!!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment