|8am: 2.5 hrs post-sunrise, had breakfast on the beach|
|1pm: clouds started rolling in|
Now, onto my latest obsession...
I really love how a bold lip makes the rest of your makeup so easy -- concealer mascara, lipstick and you're done! I have been focusing on improving my skin and, to tell you the truth, my laziness has gotten the better of me. I didn't even put on false lashes as I had planned for the wedding I attended. Here are my go-to lipsticks (haha, if you assume that implies 2-3 in number.. you would be wrong) for the fall-winter season aka the holidays. Even though I live in a place where seasons don't really exist, I did rock the darker lip while in Milwaukee and Chicago.. man, it was so cold up there. I shiver just thinking about it.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain - 005 Crush: these really leave a nice stain on your lips, although in my experience, the stain is a different color than the applied balm. I like how build-able these are and this color is more successful in the darker berry shade range than others I have tried (Smitten turned out very red on the lips). This stains a brighter red than I would have liked, but the easy solution is just to reapply more product.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On lip pencil - Ozone: since the only lip pencils I own are either red or nude, I got this clear one for its ability to be worn under any shade of lipstick without affecting its actual color; so far, so good! I really am a fan of these lip pencils, they last very well the colored ones are so nice I usually end up wearing them alone. I would recommend wearing some lip balm underneath as they can be a bit drying.
- Clinique Almost Lipstick - 06 Black Honey: I have had this for a year now, still loving it. This could actually be worn year-round, considering how sheer it is. It has red undertone so if you build up the color, your lips actually can look very red.
- Wet 'n' Wild Super Lustrous lipstick - 508A Black Cherry: this lipstick only costed $0.99! Probably the most pleasant surprise I've ever gotten from any makeup I have ever purchased, I have to say that I love love love this lipstick. It is such a wearable and easily applicable darker lip that is not too vampy and it is so moisturizing on the lips. I wore this almost every day while on my trip. I wore this while teaching one night and it prompted my students to ask me "Miss, are you going on a hot date after class?" HAHA!
- Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Matte lipstick - 918D Cherry Bomb: this was the color I wore to the wedding! I applied it with a lip brush a couple of times and it lasted all night, through all the eating and drinking. It didn't dry my lips out either, which I had anticipated; thank you for exceeding my expectations yet again, Wet 'n' Wild. The only weird thing was that in photos, this looked a lot lighter and redder than it did in real life. I was really trying to go for that vampy burgundy lip, since I knew I was going to cry my eyes out watching my friend get married I didn't want to wear very much eye makeup :P.
- Topshop Lips - Inhibition: with its satin matte finish, I am loving this violet lipstick. The formula is not drying at all and the color is very build-able. I have been enjoying wearing this more on the sheer side for an everyday lip, just by applying it and rubbing it into the lips with my fingers. If only a Topshop would open in SoFla, I would be so broke immediately haha.
- L'Oreal Colour Riche - 785 Sultry Raven's Pout (Project Runway): this is my go-to for a nude lip this season; in my opinion it has a very slight lavender/violet-y pink undertone that sets it apart from other nude lipsticks, such as Fairest Nude which is a lot more brown-based.
- Mac - Scarlet Ibis (Marilyn Monroe), matte: this orange-y red lipstick is what I'm wearing when I'm feeling festive! Loving it.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate lipstick - 01: this red is a my normal go-to red lipstick; it is not too orange or blue undertoned that it really goes well with any look and outfit. I really love these Kate Moss lipsticks.. currently on the hunt for the burgundy in the new matte collection, but sadly, I don't think it's out in the US yet.
Hmm, I feel like I need one more lipstick to round out that number to a nice 10. :) I welcome any and all suggestions.