Monday, December 3, 2012

B-day in Chicago

I was in Chicago for my birthday early in the week, so of course I hit up some of my go-to food scenes (Belly Shack, Publican, Xoco) and then tried a couple new places too (Gilt Bar -so good!, Slurping Turtle, Sable Kitchen). I didn't take photos at all meals because (1) my camera kind of sucks in dim lighting and (2) I was lazy.

Slurping Turtle - macarons: yuzu, raspberry-wasabi, chocolate sesame
The best thing I had here was the duck fat-fried chicken. Then again, you can't go wrong with duck fat fried anything.
Magnolia Bakery - pistachio cupcake & small coffee, awesome breakfast hmm?
XOCO - egg & chorizo torta came with a delicious salsa verde. I wish this could be my breakfast every morning..

XOCO - (apparently I was on a pistachio kick) churro with pistachio glaze, very sweet & delicious
 --J


No comments:

Post a Comment