Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Kimchi time!

Ooooh yeaaaa...
I haven't had kimchi in a while and got my hands on a head of napa cabbage.. and it's been a long time since I've made it. SO it was about time to make some again. I'm really looking forward to making some kimchi fried rice when this batch gets to that sour state. YUM! I basically used the method from Maangchi, but I halved her recipe since I only had 1 head of cabbage. I ended up with a whole lot more kimchi than I anticipated, hehe, but I'm not complaining! When you attempt to make this, just realize that it's a pretty straightforward process but it is pretty time consuming--prepare for that.

Napa cabbage -- before and after salting for 1.5 hours.
The cabbage really shrunk, about 1/2 its original volume!

mixing the cabbage with green onion, carrot & korean radish slices with the kimchi paste

final product. this is gonna last me quite a while!
 -J

No comments:

Post a Comment