Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lush time of the year again!

So, the holiday collection of products Lush has never fails to draw my attention.. since it is that time of the year again, I stopped by for only a couple things, but of course that turned into much more.
Bath bombs! Satsumo Santa, Sex Bomb, and So White. I have only tried So White before, and it is by far my favorite so far. It has such a distinct apple scent to it. I absolutely love it. This is only available during the holidays so I got 3 of these. Then I decided to try Satsumo Santa. I'm not a really big fan of the really seasonal & christmas-y smelling bath bombs so this one caught my eye. It has a citrus-y scent and supposedly turns your bath water red-orange. Finally, I really wanted to try Sex Bomb since it seems to be so popular. I love the smell of Jasmine so I don't think you can go wrong with that.
Bubble bar - Pop in the bath. I am the biggest fan of bubble baths. They are just so fun and relaxing. This one was recommended to me by one of the people working in the store because I told them that I love The Olive Branch shower gel. This bubble bar is supposed to smell identical to that. I kind of got a really unattractive-looking one though, didn't I? They came in various color combinations. Despite the lack of visual appeal, I know I will love using this.

This was a major reason I wanted to stop by Lush. The way I've been using this Colour Supplement is by taking a smaller than pea-sized amount and mixing it with a pump of my moisturizer. Then, I buff it into the skin on my face with a stippling brush. After using this for about a week and a half, I am loving it. There is a great amount of coverage without feeling heavy at all. It is very soft in texture and leaves your skin very smooth looking. I do have very oily skin so I make sure to powder over it to set it. The dark yellow color matches perfectly with my skin; it especially helps because you can adjust the pigmentation depending how you mix it. It seems like a really small pot for $16 but I can see it lasting a while.

 I should have just stopped there.. but I got roped into a couple other things... I bought 1/4 lb of the popular Snowcake soap. I've tried this before and I love the almond-ness of this soap. It's not too strong smelling and really leaves your hands squeaky clean. It lathers nicely and is so soft&luxurious feeling. I didn't really need anymore soaps but this amount will probably last me until next year, so no worries about running out!
Then I got a facial cleanser. This was one of those things that the employee pretty much convinced me to get.  Dark Angels, it's called, since it contains charcoal and pretty much looks like it. I have to say this creates quite the mess on your bathroom counter so you have to be careful. To use it, you break off a small piece (which is really easy to do, it's really soft) and lather it with some water before working onto your face. There are sugars to exfoliate your skin in here as well as a minty feeling. I was told that I could leave it on my skin like a mask for a minute or so before washing it off. So far, I'm really liking it. I don't use it every day because I don't want to be exfoliating my skin so often. It does contain avocado oil so that is supposed to replace the oil that is taken away by the charcoal, which leaves your skin very moisturized afterwards.
Mask of Magnanity. I got a sample of this mask, offered by one of the employees. It's supposed to be good for oily skin and has some exfoliating stuff in there. You do not need to refrigerate this, and I think it lasts up to 4 months. It is pretty similar to the Love Lettuce fresh mask (especially in appearance), except this one has a minty feeling to it and it is not as moisturizing. I'm not sure I would buy a whole tub of it though.

And with that, I'm probably set for at least an entire year before I need to head back to Lush.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment