Monday, October 31, 2011

October has come and gone..


Beer choices for the month. I love the fall seasonal beers. So. Good.

So, I had a craving for some pumpkin cheesecake and ended up making it with this recipe at my friend's house--SQUARE CHEESECAKE! I only had my camera phone to use to take these pics (sorry for the blurriness), but as you can see we didn't have a circular spring-form pan on hand so we ended up using a square pan that had a bottom you could push up. It was a bit more difficult to use, but I think it came out pretty well considering our last minute preparations and the fact that it was the first time either of us have made a cheesecake from scratch. I did leave the egg yolk out and eyeballed the spices (I love nutmeg so I probably put a little more of that in there than the recipe called for). I think the gingersnap crust really made this cheesecake wonderful and it wasn't too heavy like most cheesecakes are. It was kind of more like a mousse texture; we did eat it about an hour after letting it cool so I'm wondering how it would be if it had been refrigerated overnight. Oh! we also served this with some freshly whipped cream that had vanilla extract in it and we sweetened it with maple syrup instead of sugar. We are definitely considering making this again for Thanksgiving. It was truly a very simple recipe, especially with the aid of a food processor to make the crust and a stand mixer to mix the other ingredients together.

And then.. there are some things I have been loving this month -- recently acquired things.
New Shoes! Got these from Nordstrom Rack. I thought they were so cute -- I have been wanting some nude-colored shoes for a while now. I love the thick chunky heel on these.
Got another candle from Bath & Body Works..
this has such a refreshing smell  -- definitely brightens any day, being stuck indoors recently because of never-ending rain!

Coach Poppy Flower perfume. Being someone who never wears perfume, this one really caught my attention. I smelled it one day and for the rest of the week, I couldn't stop thinking about it so I had to go back an buy it. It is a definitely very light girly scent, a great combination of floral & fruity. It makes me feel very happy wearing it.

This Madison wristlet is so nice to have on hand. I love the bold red color and the soft material it is made of.  It is the perfect size to use as a clutch on a night out. It has a lot of pockets inside with compartments to put your ID/credit cards so there is no need to use a wallet in there. I've also been able to fit a small point-and-shoot camera, cell phone & car keys in here with no problem.
Fun & easy nail design I wore to a masquerade ball.
Zoya Helen is the nude color and OPI You Make Me Vroom is the red.
Masquerade! BOO!
I love Halloween particularly because you get to dress up. so much fun.
!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Hope you all had a great Halloween despite the crazy weather Mother Nature has given us this weekend all over the country.
Halloween nails inspired by this.
The orange underneath the design is Hi Def from Sephora by OPI, and I used the Kiss Nail Art Paint polishes with the long skinny brushes to make the plaid design.
And I didn't forget my toes! Hehe if only my toenails were larger I could do more with them.
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment